News Flash!Mon 3 Aug
We can now have 30 on a walk!!
Guidance from Ramblers today means we can now have up to 30 people on a walk!
Walking with S40WG
If you are new to walking, or S40WG, please read our walks info and our FAQ for important information about our walks.
|A: under 9 miles
|B: 9 to 12 miles
|C: over 12 miles
Download a walk template to submit a walk. Word format Text format
Wanted - New Walk Leaders!
Would you be interested in joining our fantastic group of walk leaders?
No special experience or qualifications are needed as we will give you all the help and advice you need. You must, however, be a Ramblers Association member for insurance purposes.
You don't have to lead loads of walks, just as many as you feel comfortable with. If you want to know more, please contact us on the group e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
or talk to any of the committee members
The latest English Govt general advice is here Coronavirus outbreak FAQs
- You must book by text, as usual. Places are short so please tell the walk leader if you have to cancel.
- Please provide the walk leader with names of people you book on a walk.
- Please bring a face covering, hand sanitiser and gloves in case you need them.
- If you feel unwell in any way please do not join a walk. Government advice is to be cautious about joining a walk if you are ‘clinically vulnerable’ (see NHS advice).
- Please only ride share with people in your household.
- Please keep socially distanced from any walkers not in your household, and follow the walk leaders advice.
- Please only share equipment, food & drink with walkers in your household.
- Please inform the walk leader if you become unwell in the 7 days following the walk.
|Please check the grade of walks - we offer a wide range of walks ranging from short and easy (A1) to long and hard (C3).
Saturday 8 August 2020: Only a two trig walk.
Sunday 9 August 2020: C Walk Required
Sunday 9 August 2020: A or B Grade Walk Required
Wednesday 12 August 2020: Crookes, Malin Bridge, Stannington circular
Saturday 15 August 2020: Starvehouse Mine Walk
Sunday 16 August 2020: C Grade Walk Required
Sunday 16 August 2020: Any A or B Grade Walk Required
Saturday 22 August 2020: Starvehouse Mine Walk
Sunday 23 August 2020: Any A or B Grade Walk Required
Sunday 23 August 2020: C Grade Walk Required
Saturday 29 August 2020: Old Stone Walk
Sunday 30 August 2020: C Grade Walk Required
Sunday 30 August 2020: Any A or B Grade Walk Required
Saturday 5 September 2020: Old Stone walk
Sunday 6 September 2020: Any A or B Grade Walk Required
Sunday 6 September 2020: C Grade Walk Required
Saturday 12 September 2020: Dales and a Worm Hill Walk
Saturday 19 September 2020: Dales and a Worm Hill Walk
Saturday 26 September 2020: Martin's walk
Saturday 31 October 2020: Martin's walk